Monday, March 23, 2015

Working Out


A few weeks ago I made the decision I need to lose weight and get in shape. Not just for my career and stuff but also for my long term health. I've really applied myself to getting in shape and trying to work out everyday for at least an hour. I walked into the gym absolutely lost and having no idea what to do or how to do anything. But I figured out a couple of the machines and read how to use the dumbbells and proceeded to start my workout. Those first few days were terrible, my body hurt, I sweated so much I looked like I jumped in a pool, and really I felt like just quitting and leaving it be. But as I kept it up it slowly got easier.



As I build my muscle up I slowly add more time and more resistance to the treadmill and start lifting the heavier weights that way I continually push my body and keep growing my muscles and build up that strength.

As I was working out the other day I realized that this is the same principal we should be applying to our spiritual lives.

If we're not using our Spiritual muscles, or maybe you're new to the faith and your muscles aren't developed yet. At first many of the harder concepts of the Bible will be hard to comprehend or understand, and trials and errors of life will be hard as well. But if you keep with it and you keep learning and growing your faith then it will become easier to apply yourself to the studying and to obeying God's Word.

But don't stop there! Just like how you have to keep working out and pushing your limits in order to grow your muscles you have to push yourself to learn more and become solid in all aspects of our Faith.

The Bible gives us a few different verses about growing our faith.

"But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and Forever! Amen." ~ 2 Peter 3:18 (NIV)

"so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length of height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God." ~Ephesians 3:17-19 (NASB)

"Practice these things, immerse yourself in them, so that all may see your progress." ~ 1 Timothy 4:15

Be diligent in reading your Bible, and more so in studying and discussing it with others. Do things that stretch your faith. Grow your spiritual muscles.

God Bless,
      Ryan






1 comment:

Leah Bender said...

So true Ryan! Thanks for the motivation too, by the way :)

Post a Comment