Monday, September 1, 2014

Cleaning Off the Windshield

~
I was on my way to church after shift this past Sunday, it started raining. Not hard full blown raining just yet, but by the look of the clouds I could see it would be coming down soon. But at the moment it was just sprinkling lightly.
As I was driving along I left the wipers off as the rain wasn't so bad that I couldn't see out the window, but as the sprinkling continued I finally decided to hit the wipers. After the wipers had gone through I suddenly just how unclear my view had been from all the debris and water. My view had been skewed the whole time when I thought it had been clear as day.


As I kept driving down the road I realized that this was in fact very similar to many of us as we go through our normal lives. We're just going along and are trying to follow the road God has set for us, but the busyness of our lives often times will cloud our spiritual windshield.

In Psalms 46:10 it says "Be still, and know I am God." And again in Psalms 37:7 "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him," It's important we take time to just stop everything and find that quiet time so that we can listen carefully for God's voice. Especially now that most of us are back at college or in school and working at the same time, it's often hard to find time to squeeze in that quiet time.

If we don't keep our view clear and clean of all the busyness of the world then just like how the rain makes it harder to see the signs and road, it'll become harder for us to see the signs and directions God is giving us for where he wants us to travel to. And often times because of all the busyness of our lives it will cause us to get a little panicky or anxious about everything going on around us.

God says through his Word in Philippians 4:6-7 "do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Make sure to make some extra quiet time this week. And be sure to still everything else, and allow yourself to listen carefully for His voice.

 Hope that helps you guys.

God Bless!
   Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment